Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Spring Break in Cancun Mexico

Last week was spring break! I packed up my bags and headed to Cancun, Mexico with some of my sorority sisters. I’ve been to Cancun before and I love it so much. If you ever have the opportunity to go to Mexico I highly recommend Cancun. The weather is perfect, the beaches are beautiful, there are so many activities you can participate in, and the locals are handworkers and kind.


My packed Vera Bradley bag! Get this awesome pineapple tumbler here (use districtofprep10 for a discount)!


On the airplane! 

My friends and I decided to stay at an all-inclusive resort, the Omni Hotels & Resorts. I am so happy with this decision that we made. The hotel was beautiful! The rooms were all updated. The beach was spectacular with cabanas to sit underneath on a hot day. I loved the pools because they had great waterfalls and people were often playing fun games that I would occasionally become involved in. 



The beach!


The Room 



What a View



The Crew

Since we purchased the all-inclusive package I was beyond happy with the food options and the quality of the food! I love Mexican food and wherever you went to eat you would always receive fresh chips with salsa and guacamole. The fish is extremely fresh so I often ate ceviche and fish tacos! The bars within the hotel were also amazing! The hotel fridge in our room was always stocked with water, soda, juice, and alcohol. 






So much Food!

There are swim up-bars and bars located throughout the resort. My favorite bar was called Kuku’s Bar. It was a hot tub bar located on the beach with swings and they played great music. It was basically a party in a hot tub with people from all different schools. It was so much fun hanging out with my friends but also getting to make new ones. 


Rainbow Shots! 


Kuku's Bar 


Kuku's Bar in Full View


A Fancy Evening with Champagne


My friends and I really took full advantage of our resort. We would wake up early and spend all day at the beach or the pool! I have an amazing tan right now that I hope won’t fade. At night my friends and I went downtown a few times to a few clubs/bars. The late nights were so worth it as we danced away. The hotel next door to us was also available to party and meet more college students. It was a typical spring break location. There were tons of people and all they did was party. Although there is nothing wrong with that I’m not sure I would have been able to keep up! Going to that hotel at night was the best of both worlds. I had the opportunity to relax and read a few books while partying at night! Here are also more random pictures!








I hope you enjoy all of these pictures! I’m sorry I have been so absent, but I need to focus all of my efforts on spring break! Hopefully you had a wonderful break too!


 Cheers,


L


No comments:

Post a Comment