Tuesday, February 2, 2016

DC Restaurant Week: Two Amys


Hi everyone! This past weekend I experience my second DC restaurant week. For all of you that are unfamiliar with restaurant week, it is a weeklong event that restaurants around DC participate in and give amazing discounted deals to customers. Customers will choose a restaurant, pay a set price, and enjoy a three-course meal. I love restaurant week because I get to go to some really great restaurants that have delicious cuisine for such an amazing price. This year it was hard to choose which restaurant I wanted to go to! I wish I could go to all, but unfortunately my schedule (and my diet) did not permit.This year I decided to check out a well-known Neapolitan pizza place! Two Amys pizza is an authentic Neapolitan brick oven pizza restaurant including some classic Italian dishes as well. Part of restaurant week, the customer gets to choose an appetizer, a pizza, and a dessert. It is such a great deal!

For my appetizer I decided on the Italian rice balls. I loved these rice balls because they were so crispy and when you bit into them they buffalo mozzarella was melted and gooey aka perfection!
  


I decided to get a meaty pizza called the Norcia. This pizza includes lots of salami, buffalo mozzarella, peppers, and grana. The pizza toppings were a delicious combo. I loved the toasted crust, which gave the pizza a little bit of a crunch!



To wrap up the meal I decided on a treat that no one could resist! The cannoli! Cannoli’s have always been one of my absolute favorite desserts. This cannoli was divine and I could have eaten twenty.


Until next year DC restaurant week!

Cheers,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment