Friday, February 26, 2016

Midterm Tips

Hi everyone! As spring break approaches that means midterms are right around the corner. At American, our spring break is in two weeks meaning that on Monday midterms are taking place. This semester my class load isn’t as daunting as I expected. In previous years I was swamped with work and sometimes you just need a little push to get you headed in the right direction. This year I feel like I definitely need that extra push because my friends and I are headed to CANCUN MEXICO!! I am beyond excited so my thoughts currently are all about warm weather, the beaches, and spending some quality time with my friends (stay tuned for a spring break post). Here are some tips so that we are all prepared for midterms!


Get Organized:

Becoming organized is extremely important. Having your thoughts cohesive will allow you to focus on your tasks without becoming lost in the work. You can become organized by utilizing your planner, making to-do lists, and by starting early!


Use Colors:

Whenever I am studying or writing an outline for a paper, I really enjoy using colored highlighters or pens. The colors are vibrant and fun! They also can distinguish different thoughts making re-reading the notes or outlines easier.



Find a Positive Work Space:

I have to admit I hate the library. I find it so dreary and unwelcoming. I can never accomplish much in the library so I try to find other places on campus. Find a place on campus, in your dorm, or anywhere else that you can accomplish work.



Take a Break:

After accomplishing “x” amount of work, make sure you take a break and treat yourself! It is crucial for you to relax at some point and just take deep breaths in order to de-stress and relax your mind.



Sleep!

Your body needs sleep. It is not healthy to pull all nighters! Try and get a solid night sleep. Even try to take 15 to 30 minute naps to rejuvenate your body!



Treat Yo’ Self!

As I channel my inner Parks and Rec, make sure you also treat yourself. When you finish exam or submit a final paper, go out and do something for you! Buy a trinket online, eat some good food, or hang out with your friends.



Hope these tips help during midterms!

Cheers,

L


1 comment:

  1. Love this blogpost :) I don't have midterms next week but I do have a resit in a week :( Thank you for all those tips ! Have a nice day :) Mati

    ReplyDelete