Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Weekend Update: Valentines Edition

Hi everyone! Last week was super long and overwhelming. I came down with an awful cold that resulted in a fever. I was very absent from social media and blogging was in the back of my mind as I tried to restore my health in time for a fun weekend! Luckily, I felt better by Friday and I was ready to conquer Valentine’s Day weekend. Like I mentioned this past weekend was a busy one! I attended my sorority’s Crush function (check out my last crush function here), my parents came to visit, and I celebrated the holiday of love!

Crush was on Friday and I was so excited because it was at my favorite bar in Georgetown. Chinese Disco is amazing and if you are ever in the area and want to have a fun time I suggest you go there! Crush was Valentine’s Day themed so I wore a dress with accents of red in it! This dress was from Ann Taylor Loft and it was extremely comfortable for a night of dancing and drinking!





On Saturday my parents came to visit all the way from New York. It was so great to see them for the weekend since the last time I saw them was over winter break. We went shopping, ate at some great restaurants, and enjoyed each other’s company. Usually I go home for spring break but this year I am going on a girl’s trip (stay tuned) so I won’t see my family for a while again! Although their visit was short it was necessary and well needed.

For any of you that don’t know, I absolutely love Valentine’s Day! I love the colors and all of the love that is spread. On the morning of Valentine’s Day I had breakfast with my parents and reminded them of how much I love and miss them on a daily basis. For the rest of the day I spent some quality time with my boyfriend. Since Valentine’s Day was on a Sunday this year we decided to do things on the earlier side since work and school awaited us. We saw Dead Pool in theaters and let me tell you it has been the funniest movie I have seen in a while! I was laughing the whole time and I was surprised it was that good considering it is a superhero movie, which has never been my favorite genre. Ryan Reynolds is the main character and not only is he so good looking but his acting was spot on. I highly suggest you see this movie! 



After the movie we went to Georgetown and dined! One of our favorite restaurants in Georgetown is Il Canle. It serves Italian food and we went all out ordering three different courses. I was so full but it was worth it. For dessert we decided to go French and eat delicious macaroons. It was a wonderful Valentine’s Day! 

















 I hope your day was filled with lots of love as well!


Cheers,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment