Sunday, January 3, 2016

16 for 2016


Hello everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic New Year’s Eve filled with lots of fun and champagne! I had a wonderful evening filled with old friends from high school and it was fun just catching up on life. My first few days in 2016 have been filled with family activities and just catching up on me time. I have been reading some great books on my kindle, coloring in my adult coloring book, and working on future job applications. So I know my resolution post is a little late in the game here but I still wanted to share with you 16 things that I want to work on in 2016.



Lifestyle

1.Be Happy

I know this statement is probably overused in everyone’s life but in 2016 I want to focus on my happiness whether that is taking time out of my busy schedule to do things I enjoy or try to relax during a stressful time.

2. Focus on the Positive

This past semester I took a stress management class as an extra elective. It was extremely informative and I learned a lot about myself. Unfortunately I tend to focus on the negatives more then the positives.

3. Save More Money

At school I have two jobs where I do make a decent amount of money. I need to save this money for my future apartment, bills, and other expenses. This means I need to cut back on online shopping!

4.Stay Healthy

I try to work out everyday but I always wish I could lose more weight and eat healthier. I know I have an awful sweet tooth. Eating healthier is a huge goal of mine and I hope to find some balance with my food intake this upcoming year!

School/Work

5. Graduate

So this resolution is quite obvious. I will graduate in May of 2016. Like I mentioned in my previous post this scares me a lot. When the time comes instead of being sad about my college experience ending I want to walk across the stage proud.

 6. Find a Job

Another scary resolution I have. A big fear of mine is that I won’t graduate with a job. (Here are more negative thoughts instead of positive ones). Everything happens for a reason and I believe that I will graduate with a job despite my thoughts.

7. Make Dean’s List

This past semester I finally made Dean’s List with a 3.75. At AU to make Dean’s List you need a 3.67 (I’ve always had a 3.6 something so go figure)! This last semester I hope to make the list one more time!

8. Stay Involved

I love the activities I am involved with on campus. I am in a sorority and a few different clubs. I want to continue to be involved with these activities and make the most out of time.


Blogging

 9. Continue to Grow

In October I decided to start a blog after much anticipation. I am so thankful that I have found a hobby that I enjoy so much. I am only in the beginning stages of blogging and I am looking forward to see what 2016 will offer District of Prep.

10. Expand Social Media Platforms

I love social media whether that be my personal accounts or for my blog. If you don’t make sure you follow me on Instagram (@district_of_prep), but in 2016 I want to expand and create a Twitter and a Facebook page so stay tuned!

11. Create More Opportunities

Like I mentioned in number 10 I want my blog to grow! In hopes of District of Prep growing I would love to collaborate with other bloggers and set up possible giveaway opportunities.

12. Become More Organized

I really hope to become more organized this year with my blogging. I want to create more content and posts but in order to do that you need organization.


District of Columbia (Utilizing the City)

13. Go to all of the Smithsonian’s

DC has some really amazing museums that are all free! I have only been to a few but I really want to get out into the city more and check out all of these free museums.

14. Try New Brunch Locations

I love brunching and I have been to a few really great places like Cava. But since there are so many great restaurants in DC I want to expand my pallet and try something new.

 15. Cherry Blossom Festival

DC is famous for its Cherry Blossom Festival during the spring months. The Cherry Blossoms are beautiful and I have been a few times in the past. The last two years I decided to skip on going to see them because it is always so crowded. This year I will brace the crowds and attend the festival.

16. Climb to the Top of the Washington Monument

In 2015, the Washington Monument was finally opened up to the public. You can now go to the top and I hope to do this and see the spectacular view of DC.

I hope you all enjoyed your New Year’s Eve and made your own resolutions!

Cheers,


L


No comments:

Post a Comment