Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Snow Storm Jonas


Hi everyone! If you’ve been watching the news or have been keeping up with the weather channel you might have seen that Snow Storm Jonas bombarded DC this weekend! The snowstorm came early Friday afternoon so school was canceled for the day and it did not stop snowing until Sunday morning! Non-stop snow meant that I was stuck inside my apartment all weekend. To be honest with you I did go a little stir crazy but being with friends and coming up with ideas to entertain ourselves was always fun! We ate a lot, watched a ton of Parks and Recreation, played some old-fashioned board games, and I had the opportunity to color in my adult coloring book! 






We ventured outside once and it was a mess. DC was hit with a total of two feet. For all of you that are unfamiliar with the DC area, let me tell you that DC can’t handle snow. It took DC days to get the main roads plowed (side roads and neighborhoods still aren’t) and DC only put salt down on the sidewalks yesterday! Whenever snow comes DC freaks out! It works out in my favor because usually school is canceled even if we just have a light dusting! This is my third snow day aka I've had a five day weekend! 



 I hope you all that were affected by Storm Jonas stayed warm and safe this weekend! Comment below and tell me how you spent your snowed in weekend!

Cheers,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment