Friday, December 18, 2015

Christmas Time in the City


Only seven days left until the most wonderful day of the year! Oh my I can’t wait and in todays post I wanted to share with all of you the great (and free) Christmas time activities DC has to offer. Ever since I was a freshman I have made sure to take advantage of going down to the National Mall to see the many Christmas trees as well as the National Zoo because the Zoo holds this amazing light show called Zoo Lights! Both activities are so much fun and if you are ever in the area during the holiday season I would recommend checking them out for yourself.


The National tree is simply spectacular! It is beautiful and right in front of the White House. I love it because the tree is also interactive with a village set up at the base of the tree as well as 50 trees representing each state. The 50 individual trees are all unique because they each hold different ornaments that showcase the state!





The National Zoo stays open late during the holiday season to showcase their light show! The entire zoo is decked out in lights and some lights are even choreographed to music! There are many different displays and some even represent the animals that are living at the Zoo! Make sure you bring a warm and cozy jacket because it does get cold!







I hope you all are participating in fun activities in your respective cities! Is there anything fun you do? Let me know!

Cheers,

L


No comments:

Post a Comment