Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekend Update: Christmas Edition

Hello everyone! With Christmas right around the corner, my boyfriend and I exchanged gifts this past weekend. Don’t get me wrong I love receiving clothes, jewelry, and other material items, but we have a tradition where we like to create memories as Christmas gifts instead. And this past weekend was full of them! For my Christmas gift, we went into New York City and saw the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Hall.


The Christmas Spectacular is an ongoing Christmas play that has been performed annually since 1933. I saw it a few times when I was a little girl but I really didn’t remember any specific scenes except that the rockettes are always the stars of the show! And wow oh wow I had the best time! The show was absolutely incredible. It was Christmas galore. What I really loved about the show was the rockettes dancing as well as all of the special effects the show had! There were fire works, great light shows, and 3-D scene, and props coming into the audience. The show definitely contributed to my holiday spirit and we really had a great time!






After the show we walked around the city and checked out the NYC famous Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center. It was super crowded but I still had the chance to admire the tree. We also had the opportunity to window shop at Saks 5th Avenue. They decorated the windows so perfectly it was magical.








Once we finished exploring the city, my boyfriend and I had reservations for brunch at Bobby Flay’s famous Bar Americain. Wow oh wow everything was delicious and I ate way too much. We ordered delicious beignets that came with numerous amounts of jelly, homemade chips with blue cheese sauce, and as my entrĂ©e I ordered the Preakness Benedict. Everything was absolutely delicious and I loved my entrĂ©e because it was a typical eggs benedict but it was accompanied with crab cakes! If you ever have the opportunity I would check out Bobby Flay’s restaurant, it tasted just as good in person as it looks like on TV.





The next day my gift to my boyfriend was tickets to see the Giants football game against the Carolina Panthers (who are currently undefeated). We woke up super early and prepared for the day because we decided to tailgate before the game! We parked our car grilled some delicious burgers and just had a wonderful time! We even made friends with our tailgating neighbors by sharing food and drinks. Although it was freezing the game was so much! It was very intense because the score was tied. I was on my feet chanting for the Giants to win! Even though the Giants ended up not winning it was a great experience.






Overall this past weekend was remarkable. It was really a great combination of Christmas gifts. We both had so much fun and enjoyed every second of it. These memories will last a lifetime!

Cheers,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment