Thursday, December 3, 2015

End of the Semester Tips


Oh man I have been struggling hard core! For all of you college students out there it is the end of the semester meaning finals are right around the corner. This is the last week of the semester for me and finals are coming for me at full force. This semester all of my finals are essays. These essays are consisting of anywhere between 10 to 20 pages EACH! It is extremely overwhelming and I can only imagine that students near and far are feeling the exact same thing. In order to combat this awful feeling I decided to compile a list of all of my great motivation and study tips not only to share these with you but also to remind myself.


Make a to-do list:

I love making lists. Writing everything down that I need to accomplish gives me a clear visual. Whenever I finish something on my list I love the feeling of crossing it off. To spruce up your list try color coding it and writing it down on fun stationary.

Use Flash Cards:

Flash cards are essential when studying for a test! Writing down the terms or concepts and then using them as a memorization tool is helpful because you are seeing it yet also writing it down.

Utilize Study Groups:

A great perk of being in a sorority is the constant support and help from other sisters. In my sorority we have set up study groups by major. Meeting and utilizing a study group can be beneficial for getting outside input. I also use my study group to receive feedback on my papers. Sisters will read them over for me and edit them. They are a huge help! Even if you are not in an assigned study group, reach out to people in your classes!

Take a Break:

This is one of the most important tips I could give to anyone. Taking a break is critical for your well being. Your brain, your body, and your mindset need a break. Whenever I decide to take a break its usually thirty minutes to an hour long. My breaks include food and watching something on Bravo!

Even though finals are stressful for everyone, stay confident! It is almost the end! 


Cheers,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment