Thursday, October 15, 2015

Tea Time Thursday: Simplici-tea


Hello all! Welcome back to my Tea Time Thursdays. To stay along with the theme of tea and this being my first “throwback” post I would like to share with you a special part of my study abroad experience. During the fall of 2014 (my junior year of college), I decided to live, study, work, and explore in the bustling city of London. It was the most special and magical time of my life. One of the most “British” activities I participated in was having high tea. For those of you who don’t know, high tea is basically a time in the afternoon for you to sit down with friends and family while drinking tea and eating little finger snacks. The title of high tea is very royal and it is often used in England to describe teatime. My sorority sisters and I decided to do as the British do and participate in High Tea at Kensington Palace (aka where some of the royals live). The tearoom was spectacular. I felt as if I took a step back in time and entered a tea party. The teacups were the perfect shade of tiffany blue with little hints of flower and to top it off a crown to represent the royals. We each got to order our own tea that came in its own teapot. Of course I got the most flowery tasting tea! It was delicious and I drink the entire pot.









As the afternoon continued out finger snacks came on the most dainty serving trays. We each had scones with jelly and butter, an array of finger sandwiches ranging from cucumber to egg salad, and a few tasty deserts such as a chocolate raspberry and mango cakes.






As I was enjoying my high tea at the palace I felt extremely British. I am so happy that I got to experience something so timeless in such a historical setting. I hope to one day go back and experience this all over again. Stay tuned for next Thursdays tea time! 

Cheers,

L

2 comments:

  1. That must've been an amazing experience to study abroad in London! I cannot wait until I am able to visit England someday! :) And high tea sounds like a lovely time of day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Hopefully you'll get the chance to go soon! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Lia

      Delete